Gods Among Men RP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Among Men RP

Gods Among Men RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Gods Among Men, ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 38 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://godsamongmenrp.rpg-board.net/u53!

2 posters

A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright]

Roman Flames
    Roman Flames

Character sheet
    Name:: Roman Flames
    Race: Human
    Statistics:

A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright] Empty A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright]

Post by Roman Flames Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:11 pm

In the Empire of Albastion, in the late evening, all was well in the kingdom. No crimes were committed, no cry for help, not even a complaint was made. It was times like this that the young king was the most happy. Speaking of the young ruler, he is currently busy as of this moment.

Within the castle, specifically in king's study room, King Roman Flames was doing paperwork. Even though there was nothing major happening in the Empire, he still have other duties than civil disputes. There was a large stack of paper on his deck, which stood at about 2 feet in height. Despite having to do such a trivial task, he was diligent with a smile on his face as he work.

After finishing his fiftieth paperwork, he decided to take a short break. Setting his writing utensil down, he stretched his aching hands.

"My, I will always wonder how I managed to accumulate this much paperwork despite not doing much on the throne yet. Is it possible that all government officials are tasked with such trivial duties? Oh what am I saying? I should be grateful for serving the Empire!", he said to himself before a knock is heard from the door. "Ah, please enter!", he called out.

A male servant entered the room, "Ah, your majesty, it would seem that someone have wished to seek audience with you.", he stated.

"An audience? At this hour? I don't mean to disrespect but what could be so important that someone could not wait til morning? Ah, what am I saying? I don't mind at all! I'll speak to who ever they are. Where may I find them?", Roman asked the servant.

"I asked him to wait in the Royal Garden. I shall tell him of your arrival.", the servant suggested.

"There's no need, I'll do that myself. You can return to your duties while I'll discuss with my subject.", he replied with a smile, though he is happy that he can excuse himself from doing any more paperwork. His hands were killing him!

Walking out of his study, Roman made his way to the Royal Garden to meet one of his subjects. He was curious as to why someone required his audience at this time of day. In a matter of minutes, he has reached the garden and found a figure standing in front of a fountain with his back turned to Roman.

"*Ahem* I was told that you wish to speak with me? I mean no disrespect, but what reason do you have that you require my audience at this time of day? Shouldn't you be with your family or home?", Roman asked the mysterious figure.
    Wave Darkbright
    Wave Darkbright

Character sheet
    Name:: Wave Darkbright
    Race: God
    Statistics:

A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright] Empty Re: A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright]

Post by Wave Darkbright Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Wave had came to Albastion for business, not pleasure. And this was some very important business as he had come to speak to the king. The king was relatively young and new to his position and this made him the perfect candidate to join Genesis. It was also well known that this king loved serving his empire, and what Wave was gonna give him would definitely serve his empire. As Wave arrived to the castle and was immediately welcomed by a group of guards.

"I mean no harm. I wish to only speak o your king, it is rather urgent." Wave said with his cloak on and his hands up in the air to show he had no weapon. The guards then ran off and went to get the king, or at least Wave assumed without saying a word. Wave stood in the garden by a fountain with the hood of his cloak up as he stood in wait for the king.

Wave had been waiting for a few minutes and then he heard a voice. "I was told that you wish to speak with me? I mean no disrespect, but what reason do you have that you require my audience at this time of day? Shouldn't you be with your family or home?" Wave grinned just ever so slightly as he heard this. He turned around to face the king and he pulled his hood down and bowed, simply as a sign of respect.

"I assume you are King Flames. I am Wave Darkbright, The Grey God, it is a pleasure to meet you your highness. I have come here to ask for your ear and maybe if you like what you hear you will join me. Tell me King Flames have you heard of the group called Genesis?" Wave said with a smile on his face. He then walked closer to the king and stopped within 5 meters of him.

He then sat down on the fountain at the closest point to the king, as he waited to hear his answer. Wave was more interested in how the king would react rather than his answer, but before the king would get a word out Wave would say "This is a lovely garden..." in a light and airy voice that trailed off as the sentence ended.
    Roman Flames
    Roman Flames

Character sheet
    Statistics:

A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright] Empty Re: A Royal Audience [Roman Flames & Wave Darkbright]

Post by Roman Flames Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Roman watched the young figure introduced himself. A god? That seems skeptical. They have barely talked and this Wave Darkbright proclaimed himself as a... gray god? What on the ethereal plane is that? This Darkbright then asked him about Genesis? He had heard of them, but nothing interesting to call his interest. He has decided to humour the young individual since he came out here to discuss. However, before he could utter a world, Wave commented the beauty of the garden.

"Why thank you! This garden have been well maintained for centuries and-wait I'm getting off topic. My apologies, I tend to ramble on the greatness of my empire. To answer your question, yes, I am somewhat familiar with the name of a group called Genesis. Other then their name, I do not know much about them. Why did you asked me about them?", Roman asked the alleged god.
    Wave Darkbright
    Wave Darkbright

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Wave Darkbright Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:59 pm

Wave scoffed when he heard the king said he only knew of the group's name and nothing more. Wave then stood up and walked directly next to the king and said "I am the leader of Genesis, and I have come here to offer you a deal." as he extended his hand to shake with the king. Wave then stood next to the king looking the same direction as him as he put his arm around his shoulder and smiled. Wave knew that the king was the perfect candidate for many reasons. The first was that he was a powerful political figure. The second was because he would do anything for his empire to prosper. The third was because he was rather young so he was still influence-able.

Wave looked to the king from the side and said "Imagine this, you as king and me as your Noble Knight and Duke. Obviously I would never come to you without having something good for you too." Wave then took a step back and walked back towards the fountain. He smiled to the king and cleared his throat before he spoke. "Here is my deal, you join my group Genesis. In return all my members will join your Empire and take high court political positions. I think its a win win for us both." Wave then sat back on the fountain as he waited for the king's response.
    Roman Flames
    Roman Flames

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Roman Flames Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:11 pm

Roman watch Wave scoffed at his answer. Has he offended the supposedly proclaimed god? Should he be more aware of this 'Genesis'? Perhaps he should since their 'leader' decided to meet him. When Wave stood up and offered his hand to the young king, Roman instinctively accepted the gesture and shook hands with him. Afterwards, he found himself under the arm of Wave. This is somewhat uncomfortable.

Roman listened to the offer of the 'god' and he made sure to listen every word of it Though, each word had made him frown slightly. Once Wave have completed explaining the deal, Roman decided to add his own opinion to it.

Removing Wave's around him, Roman took a few steps away from him before he made eye contact. "I mean no disrespect, but I do not believe that I should establish an alliance with you. Allow me to explain myself, you came to my home and stated that you're a god. Granted, I am quite open minded and I would like to verify your claim. Another matter is the deal itself. I cannot simply accept the terms you have established. Infact, I am outright against it. One of the first step in establishing an alliance is to create trust. You claimed that you are the leader of this 'Genesis' and you wish to have some of your members to hold political powers. I do not know your men and as such, I cannot trust them nor you. Not only that, but I do not know your intentions or motivation of your group. If you truly wish to have an alliance with me, I suggest you give me a reason to trust you.", Roman stated to the 'god'. "If you cannot give me a good reason, then I am afraid that you will have to leave.", the young king finished.
    Wave Darkbright
    Wave Darkbright

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Wave Darkbright Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Wave pouted a bit when the king spoke of how he did not trust Wave or his people, but Wave was prepared for something like this. Wave looked to the king and held his hands out in distress or dismay and frowned. "Did I mention as part of the deal you get me and my team of gods, fallen gods, and demi gods to help you protect and expand your empire? I think I should have mentioned that sooner..." Wave said as he smiled with the last sentence. Wave then looked towards the young king and smiled. Wave thought at the very least the king would want to hear more now that he has hit a peak of his interest.

Wave would then say "So now that I put that on the table can we get to talking about this? I really believe this could help us both a great deal." Wave would then wait for the king to respond and all that went through his mind was that everyone had a price.
    Roman Flames
    Roman Flames

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Roman Flames Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:38 pm

Roman shook his head at Wave's response. "I do not believe that you understand what I'm asking of you. I admit that your offer is tempting, but I'm afraid that I still cannot accept them. If what you're saying is true, then your team is more capable of protecting the Empire. However, that still do not earn my trust. For all I know, you and your team would try to create conflict among the kingdoms. I do not wish to make a deal with a devil. You have yet to verify of your claim of being a god and this team of powerful individuals. Please give me a good why I should trust you. If you cannot persuade me then I will have to ask you to leave my Empire.", the young ruler stated. He was becoming tired of this 'meeting'.
    Wave Darkbright
    Wave Darkbright

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Wave Darkbright Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:18 pm

Wave sighed as it appeared the young leader would no budge in his choice, so Wave decided to take a different approach to the situation. He stood up and looked at the young king with stern eyes and frowned a bit as he said "At least allow me to stay here for a few nights? The trip here was long and hard. However I wont speak of my deal any more." Wave would then walk a bit of a ways away to the other side of the fountain where a bag laid in wait. He picked the bag up and opened it up to grab what appeared to be a bedroll. Other items inside the bag were some common toiletries and hygiene products. Wave would then walk back over to the king with bedroll in hand and bag on his back and say "Please allow me to stay."
    Roman Flames
    Roman Flames

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Roman Flames Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:32 pm

Roman stared at Wave for a minute before letting out a sigh with a smile. The hospitality of Albastion is always offered to all. Very well, Sir Wave of Darkbright, I shall grant you permission to stay. However, I will have you under strict observation. I shall notify the guards of your circumstance. You may stay for only a week since it's the longest that I can allow. Follow me, please.", the young king lead Wave into the castle. Walking up to a guard, he told him of what he had decided. "Guard, I would like you to take Sir Wave here to one of our guest rooms. He is to be under strict observation and is ordered to leave in a week starting tomorrow."

The guard saluted to Roman, "Your wish is my command, sire!", the guard stated before turning to Wave. "Come along sir, I will take you to your temporary quarters.", he stated as he lead him to his temporary home.

Watching the two going down the halls, Roman let out a tired sigh. He ordered a servant to come to him.

"You called, my liege?", said a female servant.

"Yes, I would like you to have one of my assistants to finish my paperwork in my study. I am feeling quite tired at the moment and I wish to take a stroll through the Empire.", Roman stated.

"I shall notify a carriage for you.", she replied before hurrying out of his sight.

With the paperwork taken cared of, Roman made his way to the carriage at the front of the castle and entered. As the carriage move through the streets, Roman wonder how long peace will last this world of ours.

[End]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:32 am