Gods Among Men RP

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Gods Among Men RP

Gods Among Men RP

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Gods Among Men, ! Your last visit was Wed Dec 31, 1969. You have made 38 posts! Please welcome our newest member, https://godsamongmenrp.rpg-board.net/u53!

2 posters

A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki]

Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Name:: Rhiannon
    Race: Goddess
    Statistics:

A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki] Empty A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki]

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:04 pm

With every step the child took as she swiftly glided through the trees of the woodlands, an innocent giggle echoed throughout the area. Despite the thickness and crowding of the many evergreens that surrounded her, the wind had found its way, winding through the openings and blowing against her green hair that was so much softer in this youthful form. Slowing down to a halt as she flattened herself against the tree, she looked around thoughtfully and in curiosity, wondering where Ferra may have wandered off to. Having a fairy companion to adventure with you when the day was slow had always made events much more cheerful and less lonely.

"Now where did you fly off to, I wonder..." she murmured to herself, the silence seemed to last longer than she expected. A game of Hide and Seek was always full of suspense - especially since the fairy was small - able to blend with the wind that blew and not make a sound at all. Stepping off from the side of the tree, the young child looked around thoughtfully as she scratched the back of her head. Her emerald eyes focused on the path she had entered from... nothing. Was something holding her up? Or had something happened? She didn't usually take this long.

Walking down the path once more, now in concern, Rhiannon rubbed one of her eyes and stepped through the clearing she had first came from. "Ferra?" she called out? "Are you still playing?" There was no response. It wasn't uncommon for Ferra to disappear like this, but it was as though the whole environment of the forest had shifted into an uncomfortable silence. No birds, no bugs... just the sound of a howling wind as it made its way between the trees. "Well that's not very good, now is it?" she sighed.

Although she didn't feel anything "evil", she didn't exactly feel very comfortable when the entire forest went silent. Usually that meant some large source of power was near by, and the creatures of the woodland were unsure of what to make of it. If that was what it was, then Rhiannon would have to go seek out what it was, in case they were a threat to the Sealed Temple. Looking for Ferra would have to wait. She probably decided to hide as well if something was wrong. Still in the form of a small child, Rhiannon began to walk in the direction of the meadows that were just outside the forest, wondering what or who she'd find.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Name:: Kaseki
    Race: Fallen Spirit
    Statistics:

A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki] Empty Re: A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki]

Post by Kaseki Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Kaseki watched from above. It was a little girl? How odd, it was as if everything he encountered was a child. "I like children." He thought to himself. He wandered and walked along the branches of the trees as he followed the little girl. He jumped from treelimb to treelimb, his footsteps hidden by nature, his being hidden by leaves. He was a ninja of the forest, an assassin.

"Hey, Listen!"

"The hell is that?" Kaseki thought to himself as he leaped atop another tree. It was the voice of something. It had to be something small, for he could not see it. But whatever it was, it annoyed the hell out of him. "Hey, look!" Kaseki's head spun as he tried to pinpoint the sound. Was it in his head or was something really there? He continued to travel, watching the girl and listening for the voice. "Hey, look, listen!" Kaseki's eyes grew red with rage as he took a step forward. He couldn't see the creature, but he knew where the sound was coming from. "Hey, Look out!"

Kaseki's foot slipped on the branch, shifting all of his weight to the other. He cursed as he fell, a single green whip grasping his ankle. He fell down from the canopy only to dive face first into the ground. The vine held him there, and held him just a few feet from the grassy ground. He was around the girl, or rather, behind her. But now he hung by a single foot, upside down, his cloak slowly drifting down his body, only to be caught in the few scrapes on his body. It was as if the cloak defied gravity by these means. He looked at the girl from behind.

"Um, don't scream... Uh... Um... help please?" he begged the small child.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki] Empty Re: A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki]

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:35 pm

Eyes wide and frozen in surprise, all the noise that seemed to gather behind was suddenly silent as she heard someone call out to her. Narrowing her eyes in confusion, she whipped around to see what appeared to be a... spirit of sorts? Tilting her head in confusion, she didn't say anything at first, but as she looked up above his feet, which he appeared to be dangling from at the cloak, Ferra flew down alongside him and then around Rhiannon's head. "I found the intruder!" Ferra giggled triumphantly.

"Intruder...?" Rhiannon murmured. Sure he looked a bit scary, but with such an ungraceful entrance, he couldn't be that bad could he? Rhiannon was one who could see the beauty in all creatures, no matter what the appearance, so she was always sure to have a reason before attacking without warning. This, however, did not mean that she never allowed herself to become a bit more threatening, herself. "What are you doing here? Are you following me?"

In a swift move of the hand, the Goddess immediately changed form, her body engulfed by a white light as she grew in size and appeared to look much older as the aura faded away. A staff in hand, her grace immediately stepped forward, letting her free hand move up slightly as she manipulated the branches he hung from to move down slightly, gently letting him settle to the ground to recollect himself. "What is your name and what is your business here?"
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:59 pm

Kaseki hung there staring back at the little girl. It was only fair that the spirit light thing belonged to her. Why if it wasn't for those meddling trees and that stupid spi-

"I found the intruder!"

"Intruder?" Kaseki wondered. The forest belonged to all people, of all shapes and sizes. His creatures would fill the earth and live alongside the humans that so ungratefully shunned them from existence. Now that he thought about it, it was an odd collection of them. He sought out the evil, and the good in his monsters. Yet both sides of them obeyed Kaseki without question. He wasn't that special... right? He watched as the girl spun around gracefully. His eyelids lowed in disappointment. She had to be of power. Of course... all the children he met thus far were gods... and this time would prove to be no different. "Intruder...?" the girl uttered from her lips. It was soft and soothing, like that of a cool breeze on a warm spring day... or was it summer? She seemed to look not at Kaseki, but through him. As if there was something there she was looking for that could not be seen. Kaseki reflected the same gaze upon her, hoping to find the true face of the child. "What are you doing here? Are you following me?" Kaseki's brow rose in a surprise. He was on the verge of laughter of being caught off guard. "Well aren't you full of surprises littl-"

And with the swipe of her hand, the little girl faded away into a mesmerizing ivory light. The silhouette was seen, growing taller and changing shape to that of a woman. She held a long wooden staff as the light faded away. "Whoa..." He said in awe. This woman was certainly full of surprises. And with the reach of her hand she disconnected the vine to slowly let Kaseki descend to the ground. Kaseki's eyes were transfixed on the woman's face, only a single eye seen. His right eye remained unlit, and hidden in the shade of his hood, while the left emitted a glorious violet light. "What is your name and what is your business here?"

Kaseki lay on the ground, it would have been instinct to play dead and let time pass him by... but he had other plans. His animal instinct told him to remain where he was. Whoever the lady was, she was a friend of the forest. She did not cut the plant, but rather gave it a guide to release him. He propped himself up, crossing his legs to look back up at the woman, "Um, My name is Kaseki. I don't think that changed. Um, I was going to the next kingdom over to get food for that Horde group they keep calling my friends. Oh!" Kaseki's eye shined a bit brighter at the word as he reached into his cloak. With his hand he grabbed the item and showed it to the woman. "And I was looking for a flower for... Yeah, I was looking for this flower."

Kaseki's hand was extended to the goddess with his palm facing the sky. The flower sat in the center of his palm, relaxing into it. The petals rested against Kaseki's skin. The color was vibrant, almost echoing the moon at a dark night. It was a dark and deep cyan, a blue, an indigo. The color could be described for years and years to come.

It was a lotus.

A Change in the Winds [Private - Kaseki] Blue_l10
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:17 pm

There was a change in the tone of the spirit when he spoke, almost in awe when she had first transformed. Tilting her head slightly in curiosity once more, she waited to hear his response quietly and sat still as the wind blew past them once more, her evergreen hair flowing with rhythm of the hums that followed. Kaseki was his name. Going to a Horde group. A Horde group? What in the world was that. Despite being considered an 'all knowing' goddess... she was really out of the loop with kingdoms and their slang.

"If I may ask, what exactly is the horde? A horde of what?" she frowned. With only one eye lit, there was a mesmerizing violet light and it was one of the most beautiful colors she had ever seen. Purple was such a complicated color. It could be associated with anything - beauty, royalty, darkness, or light. It was everything and nothing at all, and that was what made it so enamoring to her. The colors people chose for themselves could tell the stories of their lives.

As he began to speak of the flower he was finding, he had scrambled into his cloak and pulled it out as it rested gently in the palm of his hand, reaching out toward her. As she took a step forward, she looked down at the plant and smiled lightly. A beautiful lotus of electric blue. To Rhiannon, the lotus was a symbol of many things - a sign of beauty and purity. Innocence and life. It was a symbol of the sun, where without it, there would be no life on this planet. It grew from the muds of the earth, but always appeared virgin; untouched by the impurities that resided within.

"That is a very beautiful lotus in particular," she nodded. "Where did you find it? Is it for a woman, perhaps?" she smiled in suspicion. Perhaps one of the most genuine signs of affection, a beautiful flower for a beautiful woman was what she usually came across when people came picking flowers from the forest. "I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself. I am Rhiannon. I protect this forest." The goddess was not interested in giving herself the title of a God; she did not care for that reputation. All she wanted to be known for was her dedication to the woodlands.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:38 pm

"If I may ask, what exactly is the horde? A horde of what?" she frowned. It was almost she had no idea what he was talking about. She was much different than the last. Kaseki found that intriguing. Had she been a human like the man he had accidentally slain just a week ago, then she would know whatever everyone called this Horde. That meant she had to be a hermit, or like the other child he met, a god. "Wave says we're monsters. I say were's just like anyone else." Kaseki took in the flower once more, placing it with care back into the depths of his pocket. He had to protect it. It represented all of nature, and besides, he kept a gift from every world he visited. He would find somewhere to care for it, just like the rose he took from the pirates, the cherry blossom from the Land of Fire, and the white lotus from Republic City. Soon they would all become one. And if they died, Kaseki would sprout life back into them. That was what he always did, and will always continue to do.

"That is a very beautiful lotus in particular," she nodded, almost as wanting to hear the story behind it. "Where did you find it? Is it for a woman, perhaps?" she smiled. Kaseki's eyes fell to the ground just at the mere word. He hadn't thought about it for years. For centuries he distracted himself with this silly task of collecting plants, only to have the woman remind him of what he lost in the end. "I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself. I am Rhiannon. I protect this forest."

"The Forest's Protector?" Kaseki thought to himself. His mind wondered about the great power and knowledge that the woman held, considering she had the gift of false youth, as well as false forms. The nature around her seemed to sing with delight in her presence, while around Kaseki, they barely smiled. He thought about what she had learned in the forest, and how long she stayed there. Surely it was for some time, for she heard nothing of the army that he was accused of leading. His mind trailed on, but his heart sank. His mind drifted back to when he was just a child. His feelings of being so lost and innocent. It wasn't that he had no care in the world, but rather that his family disowned him, only to accept him back when the world saw the great power in him. Kaseki wasn't even his real name, but given to him by another child who was cast away.

It wasn't until over three millenniums that Kaseki realized how little he really had. He had no family. His brother was dead. And for years he tried to make it up to the girl he set aflame. She healed, but Kaseki's heart never would. He was a monster. The world was right. Perhaps it was fitting that he of all creatures would lead the the Horde. He was an abomination. He was Kaseki.

The emotions filled him up, pushing all of the light as well as darkness out of him. He was nothing, in the world of nothing. He had no home, just like the creatures he led. His vision grew foggy, his world growing misty. A single drop poured itself out of the very vessel that gave him a way to see the world. It dripped down his cheek and slid down his chin, only to be followed by more. It was Kaseki's waterfall.

The one thing he had been chasing all along.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:23 pm

"Wave," she mused quietly as she stood before him, turning her head to face the path that was beyond them, darkening in the shade of the thick trees that were ahead. "That is a name I have not heard in thousands of years," she sighed. She had not seen or heard from any of the Gods in many, many years. They generally didn't work together well since they had very different motives from each other. The only one who she considered herself to be somewhat fond of was Oski - though she was only fond of his company and memory, more so than her time with him. She was corrupted in his presence, blinded by power.

"But Monsters? I highly doubt that," she chuckled slightly, "What makes a creature of the earth a monster? If we are evil in our ways, human or not, then that is the true monster. I have met countless 'monsters' in my days... all misunderstood and kind-hearted beings who were simply judged for their appearance or culture. It is very disheartening that the humans cannot see past their own discord," she sighed. She loved humanity, but they were so judgmental and discriminating to others unlike themselves.

Noticing a sadness - a sort of grief come over Kaseki, Rhiannon's gaze softened a bit more as her smile had faltered. Had there been a woman in the past? Had she brought back a bad memory? She surely hoped she had not ruined the poor spirit's day. "I'm sorry if I have spoken out of line. I was simply curious of what your endeavors were for." She had a way about her that was unspoken, and she never meant to hurt another being's feelings. "Why would Wave say such a thing? He of all beings should know what it is like to be considered a monster. Gods are feared, despite their kindness if they show it. That is why I do not wish to be considered among them once more. I do not want others to fear me like my brethren."
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Kaseki's tear fell onto the grassy floor of the forest. He looked up to the creature before him. "Wave," She paused, only to look afar. She cast her gaze into nothing, only to view a past. Had she too endured a great pain in her heart? Had she fallen in love, only to be cast away into a world with no hope of getting home? "That is a name I have not heard in thousands of years," she sighed, and Kaseki listened. "... Then you are a goddess." He commented. It was all clear. This was fate. Perhaps all of these years of aimlessly wandering, acting as a foolish child to cover up a wound left unhealed would come to an end.

"But Monsters? I highly doubt that," she chuckled slightly, "What makes a creature of the earth a monster? If we are evil in our ways, human or not, then that is the true monster. I have met countless 'monsters' in my days... all misunderstood and kind-hearted beings who were simply judged for their appearance or culture. It is very disheartening that the humans cannot see past their own discord," she sighed again. To which Kaseki remained silent. His private river ran deep, making a small puddle before him. He had nothing more to say.

"I'm sorry if I have spoken out of line. I was simply curious of what your endeavors were for." She spoke in tune hoping only for the best. Could it be? "Why would Wave say such a thing? He of all beings should know what it is like to be considered a monster. Gods are feared, despite their kindness if they show it. That is why I do not wish to be considered among them once more. I do not want others to fear me like my brethren." Kaseki's eye continued to pour out. Yet his mind was clear. "Genesis." He said softly. He was in no mood for talking. His heart was cast out into an abyss of no return. It was the one thing that kept him alive, and it was the one thing that killed him inside. "Promised me... a home." He choked up on his own sorrows. It had been years since she was seen. It was centuries since he uttered her name. It lost in time. He no longer knew her face or name. All he remembered was that she was the daughter of great gods... Gods... That was it.

The gods would help him find her.

His head bowed to the goddess before him, his hands cast out to the mud in front of him. He touched the world with his forehead, bowing before her. He wanted answers. He wanted somewhere to call home. And he wanted someone to call his own. He was alone in this world. And the truth of what brought him there remained cast in shadows.

He was running from his past.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:23 pm

Seeing this pure sadness from the spirit sunk Rhiannon's heart deep into the depths of her chest, pounding away and aching for his lost sorrow. She had a sense of empathy in a way, able to feel the emotions poured out from another being herself. She was able to relate to those in need. Perhaps that was why she was so easily accepting of those around her. She understood them more than others seemed to notice. Kneeling down to her knees in front of him as he bowed, she gently rested her hand to his cheek, slowly bringing his face up to face her as she smiled sadly. "You do not need to bow to me."

So Wave had promised a home to poor Kaseki then, but it was obvious that either a home was not provided, or not what he had expected. It was disheartening that people had to promise things to others for their own gain, rather than to give out of the goodness of their hearts. Every creature of the land deserved a chance of comfort and happiness. A home should come naturally. Looking into the eyes of Kaseki intently, she pursed her lips for a moment in silence, simply taking everything in.

He was very upset. Tears forming a puddle in front of him at her feet, but she kept her hand placed gently on his cheek, feeling his suffering more so. He was old. Very old, much older than most, and he had lost something precious to him. "You may stay in the forest if you so please," she nodded. "The forest is a home to many, like myself, and it offers homes to many more in need."
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

"That's not it..." His voice was frail, almost as if it could be broken just with a small breath of air. "I must find them all a home. So none may walk my path. This is..." he paused, his face looking back into Rhiannon's. There was something about her that he felt he missed. She was a protector of the forest, but what did she protect it from? She was a goddess, no doubt, but why had she came here? There was something.

"... This is why I joined him." He said with great sorrow in his voice. It was now tattered and aged. There was no use to hide anything anymore. "With him, all of the monsters like me can have a place. We cannot hide in your forest forever... please." Kaseki's eye grew bright, like the north star. His other eye seemed to fade into reality. It was a deep brown, contrasting that of his ebony black skin. His body reflected light just as metal would. Kaseki was made of Ironbark, it was the result of his death and life. There was more to say, but the pains of his love came back. He had all of this love to spend, yet no one to spend it with. He would die alone, that not became his fear. Finding her was his only hope. "Please help me find them a home..." his voice trailed off into nothing, his other eye fading from a burgundy to a red, then a vibrant crimson, "We have to help Kaseki and Wave if we want to save lives," his voice grew dark, and venomous. It was nothing other than Kodai, the great rage Kaseki had locked away after so many years. He was much older than the body he was locked up in, and with Kaseki's heart falling into a great weakened state... Kodai would appear more often. Yet Kaseki still teared up, his scarlet eye faded back into nothing. It was a mess of emotions and actions. His hand remained rested in the crevasse of Rhiannon's hand. "... Please..." he said, almost like in a dying breath.

The Goddess of the forest,

Yes, that's what she had to be.

Rhiannon was the Goddess of the forest.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Confusion stirring in her eyes as she watched him talk of having to find homes for the other, she wondered just how many of them there were that he wished for her to help. His hand now rested in hers as he gave her a pleading look, the pain in his expression causing her to stir inside uncomfortably. She felt so terrible for him. What must have he gone through to feel such immense pain? Would there be anything, other than finding the homes for others to bring him peace?

"I... I'm not saying you must hide. I'm saying you are welcome to live within it. That is not the same as hiding," she murmured, her voice wavering slightly. "If the forest is not suitable then where? Where would you build homes for the others?" But when he looked up and the sorrow suddenly turned into rage, his voice became anguished and threatening, to which her grasp over his hand slightly tightened in surprise. With raised brows and eyes wide in shock, she watched as the sorrowful being suddenly became angry and... talking in first person?

As fast as he had changed to the vicious tone, he suddenly soothed once more in his sorrow. His pleading voice begged her again as he rested against her palm and she bit her lip in apprehension. Ferra was silent during this, but Rhiannon had turned and looked to the small fairy and beckoned her to give them some privacy. Obeying, the very slowly fluttered off into the distance and out of sight and Rhiannon cleared her throat, trying to think of a suitable response. "I wish I could help find you homes for all of your kind, but... how many are there? And where would we find homes for them?" she started.

"I must admit, while I am a Goddess, that does not mean I'm able to do everything... and especially at ease. I protect something sacred within the grounds and I must make sure it is always protected. If I go away..."
    she turned her head to the side. "I have recently been visited by an old friend who may need my help... and I worry for his safety if I do not aid him. I wish I could do it all, I wish I could help all of you, but I cannot be everywhere at once and please everyone easily. I can help the best I can, but I cannot promise I'll be able to find homes quickly."
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:58 am

Kaseki's eyes fell to the ground, only one was lit with the bright light. It was true, he had no idea how many of The Horde he was trying to protect. It seemed that with every waking day he was finding more and more of them. He had to house the thousands he had now. They were so mismatched, they came from all sides of the world. How was Kaseki going to help them if he couldn't even help himself...

Helping himself.... That was it!

He smiled, his eyes almost squinting with glee, "It's every non-human. So until the world accepts them, I can at least give homes to some." He smiled, his cheeks still cradled by her grasp. "The fairies, sprites and some of the golems can stay here, right?" He seemed to overcome his sorrow for just this moment. This was his distraction. This was his escape. "Then we won't have to fight. No one would have to get hurt..." His light appeared bright once more after his eye opened. He didn't want to hurt anyone, nor to have his own friends get hurt. All creatures were his friend.

His smile eventually faded away, leaving him with a questioned look that was held upon his face. He was curious. He had to know something... "I think with your help, the kingdoms can open their hearts and minds to all of the creatures. Maybe we can live in harmony. Maybe then Kodai will..." he stopped himself. It would be the first time her ever mentioned him to anyone. His mind was always clouded when Kodai took over. He would overshadow his mind, soul and body. Leaving him in a dark corner of his own body, abandoned. He hated the feeling.

Kaseki remembered the last century and a half... all of those night and days of waking up dazed and confused. Not knowing where he was what happened or who did it. All of the bloodied bodies, all of the open wounds, all the humans killed and executed. "I never killed them..." Kaseki said to himself. He was now cast aside. He was no longer in control. "I never killed anyone...." he wept once more.

All his friends were dead.

They were killed by his own hand.

"But perhaps you should start off as truthful as you intend others to be," Kodai replied. The violet faded away, only to have the other eye flash into the vivid crimson. He was the embodiment of hatred. He saw things as they were. He was the source of power that protected Kaseki... even though he wished to kill the same creature. "I know that is not your true form." His grin was evil and demonic. He was in control, yes. Yet Kodai could not move the body. He had only his eye and the voice. That was all he had for now.

And maybe that was all he needed.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:11 pm

"Of course they can stay in the forest!" Rhiannon smiled. "No one has to fight, we're all on the same page here. All life is welcome in the forest." As she let her hands fall from his cheeks and onto her lap. He began to speak of her help within the kingdoms and her smile had faltered as she looked up thoughtfully. "If I aid my friend, our visits to the Kingdoms, however long, could prove so. I may be able to open their hearts, but I cannot promise you it will be easy."

There was a silence between them once more as Kaseki's expression had changed into the angry demeanor once more. His voice became wretched once more as he suddenly called her out. "Huh..?" she mumbled in a bit of confusion. Was he accusing her of being deceptive? Frowning as her eyes fell to the ground again, she bit her lip, wondering what exactly he was seeing in her?

She had a third form, yes, but that wasn't her actual appearance. That was only a spell she used when she needed to grow stronger. If her normal form wasn't going to be enough to stop an oncoming force, she needed to prepared. "I'm sorry if you see me to be a liar, but this is my true form." she spoke softly. "I do have another form, one of the forest, one that I have allowed myself to take on so that I may protect the sealed grounds more efficiently if you would like to see that."

It took a lot of power to transform. Not only was it a completely different makeup anatomically, but it also completely changed her power levels and general abilities. She became much stronger, alert, and able bodied, though she suffers great deals of fatigue when she changes back. "The form you see now is how I've always looked, since the days of creation. Green hair, green eyes... kind of tiny. I'm not as powerful as the other Gods, so I had to take on a new form that would help me become stronger."

She had the power at one time, though. She was not always as kind and gentle as she is now, and those are her greatest regrets in all of time. Before she became the protector of the forest, she walked an unclear path of trial and error. Oski took her under his wing, giving her all the power in the world, and she relished in it. Corrupted by such darkness, the realization hit her when she saw the fear in children as she searched for more power. She saw the death of many creatures, all by her hand, and this haunted her.

She had all the power in the world, and she let it go, fell from her pedestal, and hid from Oski, fleeing to the forests.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Kaseki's body fell lifelessly into the ground. His left cheek pressed into the dirt. He mocked her, "Sure Kaseki talks of peace, but what then when that god gets involved?" He smiled as he spoke, finding amusement in her dismay. It was his nature to find that just thrilling.

His eye red, staring off into the darkness of the woods. "Surely you must have a friend who seeks the same?" He laughed, "Watch them wage war against each other. Kekeke..." he snickered. Kodai had seen it all before. They would kill each other over the same thing because they all wanted to do it in dramatically different ways.

Kodai lay there, useless as he was. He was in no state to take over the body, but only possess it for a short time. Sure he had pushed Kaseki into a corner of his own mind, but in that fit of rage he  could become the only thing Kodai feared. "So you can kill your brethren, or join one to kill the other. You'll end up like a Dark God if you chose no side." He continued to laugh, his pain unfolding. He made no attempt to continue on, watching her emotions flicker was enough for him. She was naive, something he would play with. Had she turned into the great form he imagined her to have, he could eradicate Kaseki from existence. Just like that and Kodai would be unleashed. He would unleash a fury to disrupt both gods and ascend into their own realm. That was Kodai's one goal.... to wipe out all of life... while Kaseki tried to save it.
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:20 pm

"That God..?" Rhiannon mused quietly, more to herself than anyone. Whom was he talking about? Oski? Sure, he had his... power trips in the past, but Rhiannon was going to make sure that never happened again. "My friend who I mean to aid only wants what we all seek, and that is to prevent evil from taking over." His words filled her mind with questions as she looked around thoughtfully for a long moment. What was she going to do?

She hated standing on the sidelines, but she also hated the idea of having to pick a side and kill the others. Why couldn't the gods just get along? Wouldn't there be more harmony that way? If everyone had just gotten a long, the world would be in a much better state than it was. Perhaps it was time for the hero to make an appearance... to show himself before the Sealed Temple. If the doors had opened for him, then he truly was the savior of the world, or so legends told.

"I understand your concern, but I will make my decision when the time is right. I cannot be hasty when it comes to wars, and my brethren." She sighed as she slowly rose from the ground, looking around silently as she scratched the back of her head. "I will do what I can to avoid as many deaths as possible."
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 pm

"You're a fool." Kodai laughed, "That will get you killed as well." he was laughing with each word. Each syllable dripping with venom. He meant what he said, every bit of it.

"You'll disappoint Kaseki. Force once he had hope. But here you are, and you don't even know how to help. Ha! Some goddess you are!" he continued to boast, "Soon I will take over this body. Soon I will unleash it all. I, Kodai, will save this world. Your time is long gone." He lay there, his face pressed against the ground. It looked like a clocked puppet, or even that the goddess had killed Death himself.

But in reality, Kaseki was sobbing. He was pushed away into nothing, in the corner of his own mind with nothing to hold on to. Everything he did seemed to lose purpose. He was losing purpose. How could Kaseki offer a haven to the shunned beasts of the world?

He couldn't.

At least.. not alone...
    Fiora
    Fiora
    Admin

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Fiora Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Annoyance filled Rhiannon as she sighed, hearing the voice continue to insult and doubt her judgment. This bitter creature inside Kaseki obviously had some sort of control over him that was... unwilling at the least. "I'm the fool?" she chuckled as she smiled at him softly. "I understand your detest, but frankly, I don't really give a rats ass..." her smile then faltered as her gaze became cold and unmoving, hardening on his red eye. She stayed quiet for a long moment, simply staring at the unfortunate creature before she turned a foot.

"If anything happens to Kaseki, I will blame you for it. And do not underestimate my abilities. If harm comes to him by your doing and he suffers a death most foul, I will seek you out and make sure you live an eternity of suffering, ten fold," her voice became threatening, with a scorn that was much harsher than her gentle and comforting voice. Facing away from him, she began to step off, walking away with a stoic expression. 

She had no patience for cold hearted beings.
    Kaseki
    Kaseki

Character sheet
    Statistics:

Post by Kaseki Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:13 pm

"So arrogant, so foolish. To think that you were ideally the one to seek out, only to fall short of your name. You're weak, just like anyone else! Haha!" Kodai laughed. He found the world much different than the last. Sure this place was full of gods, but th las was full of demons and angels. He faced a fight at every corner. He had formidable opponents, but here... everyone wanted to do things diplomatically... and all of them would go to war... diplomatically.

He laughed as the red light began to fade away. His voice began to trail off. It wasn't as if it was being silenced, but rather as if it was traveling away and into the woods. There was enough of Kodai to set fire to plains as far as the eye could see multiplied by the length of dreams. But nothing could overpower true love... nothing.

His face held no color, he became a hallow shell. At least, not for long. His left eye began to flicker a faint lavender light. It was fighting through darkness. It fought for millions of creatures without a home. It was possibly the last pure thing in all of mankind. It was Kaseki. His voice was weak, like that of a aged man on his deathbed. He asked for only one thing, only one thing. "....wa...ter..." he begged. His own vision was blurred. His world shrouded in darkness. All he could hear was the crashing waters of a nearby river. He wanted to feel the water encase him in itself. He wanted t feel protected.

He felt like he had been been dead for years... that was the cost of trying to control Kodai.

The man that killed everyone he loved.

The man that gave up hope.

The Kaseki that stopped looking for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 am